HAPPY NEW YEAR
This year I resolve to suck less than I sucked last year. I think the last year went pretty well overall, but there's always room for improvement. Would anyone like a timeline of how things went?
- Early 2017: Helped organize MidCamp and had a great time doing so. Really looking forward to this year's MidCamp
- Early 2017: Left a job for several reasons, most of all because of my mental health issues and a lack of understanding by the employer.
- Also early 2017, but slightly after the previous earlies: Started a job with a large ad agency specifically for a client, but things didn't move all that fast so I ended up looking for something a little more challenging.
- Mid 2017: Became active with OSMI (Open Sourcing Mental Illness). A non-profit focused on mental illness in the workplace, specifically tech.
- Mid 2017: I spoke twice about mental health in tech. Once at a Drupal Chicago meetup and once at TCDrupal. These were probably the most difficult things that I've done in a long time.
- Mid 2017, but slightly later than the other mids: Started a job with a small agency in Chicago and I've been loving it. I've done more Drupal work and learned more there in 5 months than I had in 3 years at previous jobs.
- Late 2017: Started a pop-culture podcast
- Later 2017: Ended a pop-culture podcast
This is obviously a very truncated list of the events of the year. There were many more ups and downs, but I do not wish to bore you all with the minutia of my life.
I Resolve To...
I have very few resolutions this year, but at the top of the list is to share more knowledge. In the coming days, weeks, and months, I'm going to be looking at producing tutorials and guides to help the Drupal community. I'm also going to be trying to speak more at camps and conferences about mental health and Drupal
What topics would you like to see covered in future posts and videos?
What do you think would be a good subject for a podcast? I have all this equipment and no idea what to do with it.